It happens to be almost 75 degrees here in Boston today. It’s beautiful, blustery with remnants of a passing hurricane, and bursting with fall color. But it’s not like I can walk outside with my favorite cape or I would broil. So, how am I dressing seasonally appropriate when it’s so warm out? Like ^ that. Maybe I would add a light wrap for evening dinner with friends.
My dress is courtesy of Fashionably Dead, one of the most prolific brands of original designer content in Second Life. You can find the “Sweet October” dress in this rich cloud color at Uber. Typically I don’t love shorter dresses in SL because they’re too common. But when they’re cut and textured like this? Oh yes.
In fact all these seasonal ensembles – from fd, Valentina E and Fishy Strawberry – are all so beautifully crafted. When left to my own devices I can spend hours building out looks that only take seconds to publish. Still, a lot of thought goes into them.
- Head: Genesis Lab Rita 2.0 *new @ Kustom9*
- Hair: [e] Estelle *new*
- Dress: fd Sweet October Dress (cloud) *new @ Uber*
- Necklace: LaGyo Alloy Necklace
- Tights: Secret Store (Maitreya – black)
- Heels: fri.day Veronica (cocoa)
- Hair: Tableau Vivant Luce (frizzy naturals)
- Scarf: Zenith Sweater Scarf (all colors) <— if you don’t own this, I highly recommend. It’s one of the most versatile pieces in my entire inventory
- Sweater and Skirt: V.e. Silk Sweater and Skirt Set (navy) *new @ Uber*
- Clutch: OVH Galha Clutch
- Wedges: fri.day Didi Wedges (pewter – Maitreya)
- Hair: Oleander Boone *new exclusive colors*
- Hat: Body Factory Bucket Hat (black)
- Dress: Fishy Strawberry Lumberdress (Maitreya Plaid Khaki) *new @ Uber*
- Tights: Izzie’s
- Boots: Reign Native Boots (black) *new*
- Tote: Rowne Bucket Leather Bag (group gift)