This is Vista Animations Bento head, Lia. Recently released, it was priced at a discount over the long holiday weekend. The price may have gone up by now but either way, I’d encourage you to have a look. Let me tell you about the things I really like:
- It has one main HUD that governs most of the head’s main features. I appreciate I don’t need 3 HUDs to do basic things. It doesn’t look as slick as others but it gets the job done.
- Lida comes with three pre-installed skins from quality creators YSYS, Avenge and 7 Deadly Skins. It also comes with lots of shape options supplied by each skin maker and by Vista. I used one of the shapes to quickly customize my own, which I like but don’t yet love. I will continue to work on it.
- It has a simple, responsive design and isn’t so stylized that it will look the same on every person with a different shape. In fact, I see this as a head that really takes a bigger step forward in looking truly unique while wearing mesh heads.
- The makeups are pre-installed from ARTE, which is one of my favorites on the grid, and can be toned up or down based on your preference.
- The price is a super value ($2k promotion price; $2.5k final price) for everything you get and when the head gets updated (which I expect it will), you’ll get those updates automatically
There are things that need some improvement too, which you would expect from a first offering in the market. However nothing so serious that I wouldn’t consider it for my purposes (blogging, mostly)
- The eyes need their own AO that compliments the head/mouth animations. They don’t move naturally/realistically IMO and I found it difficult to even maneuver them satisfactorily for snapshots using the basic controls.
- The animations overall aren’t my favorite and don’t seem very natural despite Vista’s great work on their hands, for example. I feel similarly about most mesh heads other than LeLutka, so this is clearly something I feel strongly about and greatly affects my general use of any mesh head. It’s also completely subjective and you may love these animations!
- The lipsticks don’t fit as well as they should. Even given differences in shapes, the basic lipsticks should really fit much better than they do.
The Bottom Line
We needed a new entrant into the Bento mesh head market, IMO. And since this head is Omega-enabled, you can use any Omega skin on it that you already have. With the success of their popular Bento hands, Vista has a chance to be a real contender for Bento lovers who want to branch out from Catwa or LeLutka, or just add to their head “menagerie” to change things up from time-to-time like me. This head is priced to sell and I would expect it to be a popular option. It’s also a strong first offering that will likely get some upgrades in the future. I’m excited to see more – on this head and presumably others that will come later. You can find Lia at the Vista main store and I hope you will try her!
- Head: VISTA BENTO HEAD LIA V1 *new*
- Hair: TRUTH / Cinnamon *sale*
- Choker/Necklace: LaGyo_Mina Bow Choker and Necklace – Rose
- Ring: MINIMAL – Knox Ring -Gold/Pink-
- Bustier: (fd) Satin Corset Bra – Cream LARA *@Uber*
- Skirt: ISON – pleated skirt -Maitreya- (all colors) *sale*
- Heels: Phedora ~ Emily heels ~ Maitreya *@SAD November*