I just got back from a mini vacation and was thrilled to see that Glam Affair (and Tableau Vivant) reopened, completely redesigned, with lots of new inventory. Most notable: completely new skin tones and body appliers. I wasn’t sure what to make of that, given that all our GA skin tones have been built right into the Maitreya Lara body. It’s unclear to me if Lara will be updated too or if we’re seeing an evolution of that partnership…we shall see.
What’s new and what do I think?
- There are 12 completely new skin tones and each applier comes with different cleavage options and freckles. The fatpacks (all tones) are $1119L per body (Maitreya, Belleza, SLink) and single tones are 279L. I love the new tones with one exception: Tone 12 really is more of a deep, exotic tan than a darker, ethnic tone. I’m wearing it for this post and while it’s very pretty (obviously), I will miss the older dark tones, which really gave us true options for skin tone diversity.
- There are multiple new LeLutka head appliers available for $999L each. My favorites are Gwen and Amara. I didn’t try any of the new Catwa or Genus appliers yet, but the pricing is the same.
- Makeups are NOT included in the head applier packs. A departure from Glam Affair’s previous full retail releases and one that I was disappointed to see changed.
- Also, there were no fatpack options for all tones for any one skin applier. I suspect this is an oversight BUT if not…then very disappointing.
- Speaking of makeups, you can pick up packs of lips and eye makeups. Word of caution: there are NO DEMOS and the lipsticks didn’t happen to fit my head shape, which happens – but there should be a demo so you can check first.
So overall, if you’re a GA fan (and I am … with literally hundreds of appliers in my collection), you’ll enjoy the new releases. You’ll also enjoy the new tones but you might find yourself asking, “but why?…” It makes sense that Aida would release updated tones with more depth and body detail. It’s an investment if you normally wear Glam Affair. I recommend.